Tackling Modern Slavery
Modern Slavery is a global problem and international crime affecting millions of people worldwide, including many victims in the UK.
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 became law on 26 March 2015 and is amongst the first Acts in the world specifically tackling modern slavery. The new legislation significantly enhances support and protection for victims of slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labour and human trafficking.
Hops Labour Solutions Ltd works closely with its overseas partners and UK host employers to ensure that its workers do not fall victim to this type of crime. We are registered with the Gang Masters Licensing Authority and the Association of Labour Providers and regularly audit our overseas partners and host employers to monitor the wellbeing of our workers.
We need your help to reduce the exploitation of migrant workers by criminal gangs and abusive individuals
- Are you forced to do work when you don’t want to?
- Do you have to pay someone money to give you work?
- Are you forced to live in accommodation against your will?
- Is someone controlling your identity documents or bank account?
- Is someone threatening or intimidating you or your family?
If you or someone you know answers YES to any of these questions:
- Report it to the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority on 0800 432 0804 or Modern Slavery Helpline on 0800 0121 700 or at https://www.modernslaveryhelpline.org/report.
- Call the Police in an emergency on 999, or 101 if it is not urgent.
Information and rescources for employers can be found at stronger2gether.org