At Bill Quay Community Farm Association we deliver outstanding education provision, as well as providing well-being and leisure opportunities for the local and wider community. We are a Rare Breed Survival Trust Accredited Farm Park sat on 25 acres of green space in urban Gateshead. We would like to invite a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us as our new Farm and Education Officer.
(for a full job description, specification and application form please visit contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Main Purpose of the Job:
• Coordinate estate management tasks and livestock husbandry, including fencing, hedgelaying and conservation grazing, ensuring fields and paddocks are correctly maintained (conducting any repairs as necessary).
• Plan, deliver and assess practical and theoretical modules of study in Animal Care; e.g. animal handling, animal management and land based courses on FE programmes of study.
• Care for the livestock at Bill Quay Farm including daily routines of feeding and mucking out, supporting breeding and conducting regular inspections of all livestock to ensure high levels of animal welfare are maintained.
• Develop and support community projects and activities at the farm, such as public events, community workshops and education sessions and the farm as a visitor attraction.
• ?Ensure that regular risk assessments are carried out and all policies and actions required for health and safety and security are undertaken and recorded.
• Train, supervise and support volunteers including those with additional support needs.